IWI APPOINTEE - Deputy Co-Chair
Ko Tongariro te maunga, Ko Taupō te moana, Ko Tūwharetoa te iwi, Ko te Heuheu te tangata.
Ko Ngāti Ruingarangi, Ngāti Rauhoto rātou ko Ngāti Te Maunga nga karangaranga hapū.
Danny Aperahama Loughlin is the iwi appointee for Tūwharetoa. He is General Manager for Ngāti Tūwharetoa Fisheries Charitable Trust.
As a trustee of the Tūwharetoa Maori Trust Board for over 15 years, he has a responsibility as the legal kaitiaki for Taupō Waters, including the Waikato River.
His current board responsibilities include:
- Tūwharetoa Maori Trust Board
- Waikato Regional Council Joint Governance Committee
- Taupo District Council Co-Governance Joint Management Committee
- Hapu Alternate on Te Kotahitanga o Ngati Tuwharetoa
- Ngāti Tūwharetoa Fisheries Holdings Limited
- Tauhara Moana Trust
- Tauhara Dairy Ltd
- Healthy Rivers Plan for Change / Wai Ora – He Rautaki Whakapaipai Committee.