NACHELLE (CHARLIE) GRIFFITHS
IWI APPOINTEE RAUKAWA
Nachelle is the Raukawa appointee to the Waikato River Authority. Her marae include Ōngāroto and Mōkai which both sit in the upper river catchment near Ātiamuri, Aotearoa and Rawhitiroa/Owairaka which both sit within the Waipā River catchment.
She is an experienced Māori land trustee, overseeing significant investments in geothermal power generation, dry stock and dairy farming.
- a trustee for Raukawa Settlement Trust
- peer review panel member for the Tauhara geothermal field
- director on Century Drilling Ltd
- trustee/director for Tūaropaki
- trustee for Whakamaru Lands Trust.
Nachelle has a strong focus on environmental sustainability and intergenerational stewardship.