The Waikato River Authority (WRA) is a unique and independent Crown/Iwi statutory body with a clear mission to restore and protect the health and wellbeing of the Waikato and Waipā Rivers and their catchments (covering 11,000km2). The Authority oversees approximately $250m to apply to restoration projects and Te Ture Whaimana o Te Awa o Waikato (the Vision & Strategy for the Waikato and Waipā Rivers).
Approaching its 10 year anniversary next year, the work of the WRA was extensively considered by the Office of Auditor-General (OAG) in a recently published report on Crown investment in freshwater restoration. The OAG was highly complimentary of the WRA’s performance via its systems, processes and approach. To build on this success we now seek an Operations Manager to further drive improvements that will support our ongoing work.
The Operations Manager will oversee and coordinate the delivery of all operational, administrative, corporate and business services and systems within the WRA (including reception, IT, property & facilities, event management, office supplies, vehicle management, Health & Safety and operational policies). Another important aspect of the role will be to provide efficient and effective secretariat functions and support to the Chief Executive, WRA Co-Chairs and Board. This role will ensure the efficient and effective running of the WRA office at all times and proactively look for opportunities to improve and add value to the WRA operations and business.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES SOUGHT INCLUDE:
- Previous experience in an Operations or Business Management type role with proven successful strategies for operational efficiencies and integration across the business.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills with the ability to engage and work with people at all levels.
- An appreciation of Māori kaupapa and tikanga is essential.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to take the lead when needed.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- A completer/finisher with an eye for detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to think ahead for others, as well as be highly flexible to changing needs.
- Proficiency in a range of technologies including the MS Suite and internet-based applications.
- Results orientated and a self-starter.
This is a contract role looking for a start in the New Year and ensuring the office is well supported each week. The role is based in the WRA office in Hamilton.
For all confidential enquiries, contact Michelle de Beer on 021 798 882. All expressions of interest via email to be received by Wednesday 15th January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org